Saturday, September 22, 2012

There's No Place Like Home...

I never though I would consider any place but Winchester, KY my home. In most ways, it remains home to me, but at the end of my South Florida adventure, I told one of my chapter chairman I was headed back "home", referring, of course, to Jacksonville. I was a little shocked to hear such a thing out of my own mouth. But as soon as I walked through the door of my one bedroom apartment and settled into my bed for a post road trip nap, I was overwhelmed with that comforting familiarity of being home. It may not be Winchester, but I'm finding a little piece of home in Jacksonville, and I can't thank the Lord enough for that sense of peace that I know could only have come from him. Father loves to spoil his girls like that:)

Speaking of being spoiled, his hand was ALL OVER this trip. I've picked up at least 4 awesome new chapters this week, and I'm super excited to work with Chairman who are VERY enthusiastic about Operation Red November. There were a few downsides, though. I've now learned exactly why I wasn't placed in Miami: I'm blonde, and the only Spanish word I know is "taco" (my mother would argue this point).

The chapters in Miami treated me like a princess; quite honestly I think they were under the impression I am wayyyy more important than I actually am. Far be it from me to break that news. Grin.

They scored me a ticket to the Univision Forum at the University of Miami. If you aren't familiar with Univision (which I wasn't until Wednesday night), they are kind of the MSNBC of the Latino community. I'm told Mitt was hit with some pretty tough questions (none of which I followed, as they were asked in Spanish. Once again, I kick myself for not taking it in High School. Sorry Mom.), but I was totally impressed with his answers, particularly when it came to immigration...no doubt a tough subject with this community.

On Thursday, I got to speak at the Florida International University CR General Meeting. For a strongly left leaning community, I was extremely impressed by the turnout. Check out these awesome FIU CRs: 

Florida International University College Republican General Meeting


So now I'm back in Jax, soaking up the next 12 hours worth of time off. I can;t complain though; I count myself unbelievably lucky to have a job doing something I love so, so much. My evening looks a little something like this:

I've given into the PLL hype, with Southern Living and my favorite hot tea to boot.


Michael Buble Pandora. Swoon.


At first glance, I have all the makings of a romantic evening...alone. I ain't mad at it.

Precious friends, I'm off to check out the hype that is Pretty Little Liars. Until next time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment