Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Exceeding, Abundant Love.

We claim we don't understand how God works. We quote the old prophet Isaiah; you know, his ways are higher than ours? (Is. 55:8-9)

I don't think we really mean that.

We try to figure him out. We explain him. Sometimes, we even attempt to defend him, as if the God of the Universe needs to justify his actions. 

I've been guilty. Theres a student so dear to my heart that her name is mentioned every time I share my testimony. This little redhead was a spitfire last summer and she is such an integral part of my testimony that sometimes I convince myself I've known her much longer than just a year. I am thoroughly convinced that the Lord used the first 15 years of my life to prepare me to minister to this sweet baby last summer. He used her to minister to me too.

And then, I decided he was done.

I assumed he was done using her. I assumed he was done using me to love on her. Then, I saw that sweet red head barrel through the doors of the worship center last night, and Father lovingly whispered in my ear:

Silly girl, your ways are not my ways. 

After conversations with our camp director and her youth leader, I learned that this student brought with her an entirely new set of baggage this summer. Something fresh. Something different. Something painful. Yet something wholly relevant. I was shocked to learn that my old student was now fighting the very battle I've been silently and secretly fighting for several years; or should I say, the battle that has been waged against me for several years. It is only in the last 3 months that the Lord has given me the strength to stand firm and fight back. 

Father took the first 15 years of my life and prepared me to minister to this very student last summer; Of that I was certain. What I never expected was to find that he would be taking this last year to prepare me to love on her in a entirely new way. 

I beg you to pray that the Lord would move in unbelievable ways in this student this week. Pray He would overwhelm her with his unfailing love. Pray he would reveal to her the value she has in HIS eyes. Pray for healing. Pray he would give me opportunities to pour myself out, prepare me with his words, and fill me to the brim with his spirit. Pray I will be ready. 

When we pray for Father to do exceedingly, abundantly more than all we could ask or imagine (Eph. 3:20), we think we can figure him out. Thank goodness he can prove me wrong. Thank goodness he can shock the socks off of me. 

Thank goodness his ways are not my own.

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see how the Lord uses you to minister to her Tay! What beautiful things the Lord is doing through you! Lifting her and you up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to gain followers
    Aboundant--love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete