Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Program Training: Summer Camp for Grown Ups

Shoot. I'm beginning to remember why blogging frequently is such a lofty goal at Fuge. Maybe its because we run from 7 in the morning to nearly 11 every night. I feel safe in saying that is why I am dog tired tonight. Regardless, I'd like to catch you up on my first week back in PCB.

Lets just say I'm not cut out for manual labor (shock of the century). Tuesday and Wednesday were spent unloading 2 semi trucks packed with everything we will need to run camp this summer. Box after box was lifted out of the truck, sorted, counted and hauled across Shalimar's campus. Storage units were emptied and organized, sets were assembled, and much sweating occurred. I so wish I was one of those girls who just "glisten" when they get overheated. Alas, I still sweat like a man. Needless to say the first few days were exhausting and smelly.

On Friday afternoon, I began to train for my new position as Finance Director at PCB. While certainly necessary, these sessions were an ADD child's worst nightmare. Try making me sit still for seven-ish hours at a time. I swear I don't know how I survived grade school sometimes.

The evenings were wonderful though. At night, every member of leadership from each of Fuge's 15 locations packed into the PCB auditorium for a time of worship. I don't know that I've ever experienced anything quite as awesome as worshiping Father with these guys. There is something extra special about coming into the presence of God in the company of diehard, unashamed believers. Seriously, when was the last time you watched someone drop to their knees in awe of Father, with a total disregard for what others might think? Its a refreshing sight.

My leadership staff is incredible. I'm seriously pumped to be serving alongside these guys for the summer. Tonight we went out for Chinese...Picture 5 girls packed into a jeep while RAPPING praise and dancing like fools. We talk about things like acting and dressing in a way that is respectful to the guys we work with. We ask one another for accountability in consistent time alone with the Lord. Goodness, I've missed this kind of fellowship. I love being with people who share the same heart. I can already tell I'm going to LOVE these women.

As you pray in the coming days, please ask Father to bring the details together as we prepare for the rest of the staff to arrive. Ask that he prepare my heart, to allow me to do my work well, and to show me how to lean on his strength second by second. Your partnership in prayer means so much to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment