Monday, October 15, 2012

The War in My Mind

I'm forgetful.

I'm the kind of person who should own stock in post it notes. I single handedly keep 3M in business. I'm always late, and a little on the messy side. There are 51 different reminder alerts set on my phone at this moment. I'm also the person who read your email, but probably forgot to respond. Sue me.

I'm also visual. These are all little tricks I've learned along the way to help me be a little less on the scattered side. I decided to put it to good use tonight. Exhibit A:






















I am my Beloved's, and his desires are for Me. -Song of Songs 7:10 (emphasis mine)

Where do you find your value? I asked myself this very question this afternoon after a trip to the gym. I'm know to take my diet and exercise regimen overboard. Subconsciously, I have a tendency to let my jean size define me.

I think women are just wired that way, but insecurity is a battle we must fight DAILY, and we have to hit it head on. As I often remind my students, scripture is our only offensive weapon against the Satan's lies. This scripture is dear to me, as it reminds me my Bridegroom desires me just as I am. There's no weight limit at the foot of the cross.

So I put my sword in two strategic places: the mirror and the refrigerator. Two key places the war is waged.

You are beautiful. He desires you so, just as you are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment