Friday, March 30, 2012

I’ve been blessed with some really awesome, really encouraging friends lately. There is one in particular that really knows how to challenge me in my walk, and I am so blessed to know this guy. As I was talking to him last night, he began to tell me about a sort of mentor in his life (who happens to be Michael Card…does it get much cooler than that? I say no). Anyway, this guy used to read a book of the Bible every day. That’s right…an entire book. Every day. Talk about serious commitment.


Anyway, as I was having my time with the Lord this morning, I had an interesting thought. How cool would it be to read all four gospels in the week leading up to Easter? It seems a bit ambitious, but I’ll actually have quite a bit of free time this week. Because the General Assembly is off for veto days, I don’t have to go to Frankfort at all this week. That means two whole days I don’t have to do anything. Surely I can knock this out, right?


There is something about springtime that makes the story of Jesus seem a little sweeter to me. For the life of me, I don’t know why. Maybe its because it brings fond memories of hearing the story of Calvary as a child. Maybe its simply the reminder of new life. Regardless, I love to read accounts of my savior at this time of year. I think this is the perfect time to give this little challenge a whirl.


I say all of this not elevate myself. In all honesty, I know if I’ve told others about my goals, I’ll be more likely to actually follow through (I’m a bit stubborn like that). You’re serving as accountability, my friend! Are you interested in joining me? This could be fun! I’ll be sure to let you know how it goes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment