Tuesday, March 6, 2012

First off, I ought to be writing a stupid paper on Education Policy right now. Quite frankly, that sounds like a snooze fest to me, and given that I’m completely exhausted at this moment in time, I’m not trying to put myself to sleep. What sounds far more exciting than education policy is telling you how the Lord moved in my heart today. His love often overwhelms me, but tonight, my heart is singing.


Sometimes, I think I have the emotional capacity of a frat boy. Seriously, I’m not into the touchy-feely, lets sit around a campfire singing Kumbaya and talking about our feelings garbage. It makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a spork (not really, but I’d at least consider it). And never, I mean NEVER, did I talk about my life with strangers. The past was the past, I thought, and I intended to keep it that way.


But God…


My world got rocked when I truly met Jesus nearly a year ago. He freed me from my shame and the fear of judgement, and let me tell you sweet friend, it feels INCREDIBLE. My heart dances at the thought. You wouldn’t recognize me now. I’m an open book, sharing anything you could want to know with anyone who takes the time to listen. I did that tonight, and on the drive home, I sat back in utter shock. I wasn’t ashamed in the moment and I’m not ashamed now, and that is SO unlike me.


You see, if you’re ever going to understand how incredible my God is, and if I am ever going to explain to you how incomprehensibly precious it is to be radically and SHAMELESSLY loved by Almighty God, you have to understand exactly what I’ve seen in my life.You have to understand the magnitude of what my Father carried my lifeless body through.

My Grandaddy’s very favorite verse is on my heart tonight.



This is why I suffer as I do, but I AM NOT ASHAMED, for I know whom I have believed and am CONVINCED that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me.


2 Timothy 1:12 (emphasis mine)



So ask me. Ask me what happened. Ask me the reason for the hope in my heart. Then pull up a chair, pour yourself a stout cup of coffee, and see how INCREDIBLE my God really is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment