Saturday, January 18, 2014

12 Blessings in 2013: The Ultimate iPhone Dump

Now that we've established I've been AWOL for most of 2013, I thought I would catch you up by way of the most epic iPhone Dump of all time.

Here you have it - The last year of my life summed up in 12 iPhone snapshots:


January - Our first Bridal show of the Harrison wedding season! This show turned out to be a major success. Sarah found most of her vendors this day. And to think, just a couple years ago, I had her convinced I knew the Backstreet Boys personally. Oops.

February - One Saturday in February, I went rogue and drove to Knoxville to surprise my camp family at a D-Now weekend. Only Gage was in on the secret. The most perfect part of this situation was I had just attended the funeral of a high school friend earlier that day. Oh, did these guys ever minister to me that day. I don't think they even knew.

March - This photo was snapped a the Clark County Lincoln Day Dinner. I was invited to attend as the guest of my mentor and State Representative, Donna Mayfield. Precious, isn't she? I think she looks like Laura Bush a little. Anyway, Donna introduced me to some potential employers, and the next month BAM! I'm employed.

April - This may have been the best month of the whole year. I accepted my first big girl job, celebrated my last event as a College Republican with my favorite friends ever, and took the last final exam of my college career. The best day in April, though, was going to Louisville with my little sister to see Needtobreathe live. 5th row seats, y'all. Best show I've ever seen.

May - I received my college degree in May 2013. Pretty big deal, huh? I didn't go to graduation, but I did stop by the Phi Mansion one last time where I grabbed a picture of my sophomore sorority composite photo. Long hair AND a brunette?! I hardly recognize myself!

June - In June, I was fortunate to celebrate in the marriage of my friend and sister, Kristen Werling (now Haag!) to a wonderful, god fearing man named Michael. This day was extra special for me, because I was able to watch Kristen as she came to know Jesus, grew in her faith, and eventually met Michael. The Lord is mighty, indeed. These two are going to do incredible things in the name of Jesus.

July - What a bittersweet month July was for me. I worked on a special election for a wonderful candidate. We fought our hearts out, but did not emerge victorious. Its never easy to lose; working so hard toward something, then finding in the end it amounted to nothing. However, it was an incredible learning experience and a great opportunity to make lots of new friends. I wouldn't take it back for a second!

August - The first Saturday in August brought the most exciting political event Kentucky has to offer. Every year, the tiny town of Fancy Farm Kentucky holds the largest political picnic in the country. Hundreds upon hundreds of Kentucky voters gather on the lawn of St. Jerome's Catholic church to partake in pulled pork, mutton, and political speeches filled with red meat. It. Is. Awesome. Genia and I arrived on site at 4 AM to protect the seats of our republican supporters who would arrive later. We're a pretty intimidating security team, don't you think?

September - Late September brought an impromptu trip to our other home in West Tennessee. There's no therapy like good food, sweet family, and afternoons on the dock.

October - October is the month of birthdays in my family; Something about those frigid winters, I'm told. My sister and I have our birthdays exactly one week apart. I had a great time celebrating Haley's 21st with her girlfriends from school!

November - November was an exercise in humility. After my car accident, I needed a lot of help during my recovery - those crutches are killer. I was so grateful for the bonding time it allowed with my sweet Papa. We ate cracker barrel 4 days in a row in that first week. The man sure does love some blackberry pancakes with his whipped cream. Grin.

December - I got to spend Christmas eve with my Daddy this year. For those who know me, you are aware how precious this time is. He was having a good day that day. Father is so gracious.

I hope you feel a little more caught up now! I have an exciting surprise coming very, very soon!

Until next time, sweet things!

0 comments:

Post a Comment