Monday, July 9, 2012

The iPhone Dump: A Recap of Weeks 4 & 5

Why, Hello There!

I've missed you something terrible! Its been a wild couple of weeks here in PCB, and I simply haven't made the time to keep you up to date...silly me:) I did manage to snap a couple pictures though, and I would just LOVE to share them with you!




1. Staff Appreciation Dinner was last Sunday night. This is the one night of the summer we all put on something besides a staff t shirt, fix our hair, and hit the town for a great meal courtesy of Lifeway. This was taken after dinner with my partner in office crime and beautiful DD (that's development director, not designated driver. Those aren't Lifeway-approved activities). I think she looks like Carrie Underwood. Totally jealous.

2. When things get crazy, I tend to push cleaning to the back of my mind. Think its time to tackle my corner of the office?

3. For the second time in my whole life, my team actually won mega relay. This is not something to brag about, as the opposing team boasted a median age of 50. Given my record, I'll take it. #supernovaswag

4. When it comes time to open the store, we tend to hit the sleep drunk stage and begin participating in ridiculous and often unsafe activities like climbing on shoulders to open the store windows. At least we have a great team of spotters. Spoons not forks!!

5. The Fourth of July was done big in PCB. The Rec team (plus katie and myself) all decked out in our very best patriotic attire. Picture left to right are Redneck Katie, Florist with an American Flag on his face, Captain America, The Statue of Liberty, and Miss America.

6. A favorite christmas week tradition is called "Pimp My Mega", during which one must wear whatever costume their Secret Santa picks for them. Katie is a cupcake...her costume was the cutest, hands down.

7. Congrats to Miss Burrows, brand new fifth grade teacher!! We celebrated Brooke's first  big girl job with a super yummy german chocolate cake during paper party.

8. Wednesdays are my favorite night, because this is the night Dave lets me wear the headset and sit in the sound booth. The only problem is that Wednesday is also Secret agent costume night. Luckily, Gracie Lou Freebush can wear her headset over her tiara.

9. Katie and Florist rocking the drums during indoor rainy day rec rally.

10. This will be one of my favorite camp stories in history. Last Thursday, we received a letter in the mail from a recent high school graduate and a week 4 camper. During his week at camp, the Lord called him to Africa as a missionary. Enclosed in his letter was a personal check for $700 which he requested be added to the weekly missions offering. $700 dollars is a HUGE amount of money for a high school student (heck, its a huge amount of money for me). This is one of the most radical displays of obedience I have ever witnessed and has really challenged me to reevaluate my own giving.

11. Remember that one time I co-taught College Bible study with Katie and Forrest?? So. Much. Fun. This was our rec rotation for the week with a hilarious note from our rec director. We're kinda obsessed with each other.

12. Ahhhh...closing celebration. Poor Katie fell asleep sitting up while on the headset. She SWEARS she was just praying...

13. Week 4 College group was INCREDIBLE. It was so encouraging to pour into these men and women who brought their students to camp expecting to pour into them all week. I hope they were half as blessed by our time together as I was. I'm so jealous of what they get to do every single day.

That concludes my week(s) review. Week 6 kicks off bright and early...I'll be posting a list of ways you can be praying, so be sure to check in.

I love y'all to pieces.

0 comments:

Post a Comment