Sunday, September 4, 2011

All I have in You is more than enough.

My mom, like most, is full of excellent advice. One of the many things she has taught me in the last 5 years is that one should never forget where they come from. Remembering your past brings humility, as it allows us to constantly remember that while we are so very weak, our God is anything but.


August seems to have exposed one weakness after another, and let me tell you its been quite a struggle. From complacency and uncertainty to people who unconsciously bring out the worst in me, I’ve found myself struggling with my purpose in Lexington once again. But after spending some time looking back on the things I wrote over the course of the summer, I’m reminded of the joy I found in the presence of God. Though a little more like a whisper than a roar, I know he is still here.


When will I finally stop searching for my joy in people? I know the only real security I have is in the Lord; He is the only thing that lasts.


Where are you Father?

0 comments:

Post a Comment