Monday, July 25, 2011

For Everything There is a Season.

The time to head back to reality has finally arrived. I have never been good at closure as denial is generally my coping method. But for the sake of being sentimental, I decided to have breakfast at Panera one last time. This is the first place I stopped when I arrived in Panama City Beach two month ago. I sat and cried, scared to death of what I had gotten myself into. As I sit in the same seat I did that afternoon and reflect on an incredible summer, I never would have imagined a place like PCB could have such a huge piece of my heart.


I know one thing is certain: “Life-Changing Camps” isn’t just a tag line at Fuge Camps; its a guarantee for anyone who comes with a willing heart. The quiet, uncertian girl that sat in this seat two months ago has been replaced by someone who has found what it means to live boldly for the gospel. I never imagined that I would be comfortable talking to dozens of total strangers each day about casual things, much less sharing my heart for the gospel with them. I have gone from a child who absolutely dreaded Rec as a student, to a bible study leader who jumped and screamed like a crazy woman every single day, and saw this time as vitally important to the unity of her kids. And though two months ago, I was so unsure of my abilities as a bible study leader, I leave knowing that I have no gifts to offer the Lord but my willingness, and it is only his words that will effectively reach my kids.


Most importantly though, I left Lexington as a girl who was terrified of what the future held; a person so caught up in nailing down plans that I surely missed many ways the Lord was working day to day. Today, my future is just as uncertain as it was two months ago (if not more so), but I no longer feel the need to figure it out. As I return home, my only life plan is to stay right in the center of Father’s will. I know it is the only way I will truly be happy and effective. I’m going home a radically different girl.


My heart is full this morning. The Lord met me in Panama City Beach, and walking away feels like I’m leaving part of my life behind. Though I would love to stay and do camp for a few more weeks, I know the Lord’s timing is perfect. His work for me in PCB is done for now; its time to see what he has for me in Lexington. For everything there is a season…


Father, this life is all for you. This day, and everyday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment