Thursday, November 24, 2011

Today I am thankful, not for anything God has done for me, but simply for who he is. I am grateful that his character is unchanging. Though my circumstances, my emotions, and my desires may shift, he remains constantly present, and constantly good.


I am thankful for the majesty of the God who exists in my “mountaintop” moments; when I simply must dance for the joy his love brings. I’m thankful for the comfort of the God who exists when my life disappoints and when my heart breaks. I’m thankful immeasurable grace of the God who runs to me when I fail him.


Most of all, I am thankful that the God who brought me such joy from simply speaking his name in the happiest seasons, is the same God who exists in the darker seasons of life. I’m grateful that even the condition of my heart changes, he never, ever does.

0 comments:

Post a Comment